This week started with getting the gauges for the 12 volt system arranged better in the instrument pod. Instead of recessing, I moved them onto the outside cover. The holes for the meters were close but needed opened up a little with a burr grinder. Everything is lined up very good now so I am going to disassemble the panel, straighten and true it up a little, drill 4 holes, repaint, put the gauges back in and it will be ready to go.
12 VOLT VOLT AND AMP METERS
Later in the week I started removing the main instrument panel and by the end of the week, had it laying on the bench.
INSTRUMENT PANEL REMOVED
The original builder had two meters mounted, that he said did not work but I am going to check them out just to make sure. They are red but I believe the actual leds are white with a red lense filter, so if that i the case, I can just put in a blue filter. If I can't get them working, I will need to order a couple more for the main pack amps and volts.
TRACTION PACK VOLT AND AMP METERS
I am going to do a little research and see if I can rewire and reuse any of the warning lights. I may be able to have plastic filters made up with new labels that could light up when the controller is enabled, the motor overheats, the heater is on, and such.
WARNING LIGHT FILTER
Also, a Dell Venue 8 Pro, 8 inch, Windows 8.1 touch tablet was ordered so I can display the Synkromotive Controller GUI and gauges. There is not that much room in the interior so I am going to have to be creative to get the JLD404 and tablet mounted but am confident I can make it happen.
DELL VENUE 8 PRO - WIN 8.1 TABLET
With the instrument panel out I am going to start removing the center console so I can get to the heater controls. I want to add a micro switch to the temperature slider so the blower can be operated without the heat being on. I am also going to try to wire the relay so the blower has be be on before the heater will turn on to make sure it doesn't overheat.
Hopefully more this weekend.