Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fiero EV

Over the last year, I have been watching EBAY and Craigs List looking for a completed EV to jump into the EV hobby. Finally a Fiero EV was listed on Craigs List in my area, so I scheduled an appointment to look at the car. It was a 120 volt led acid conversions that was completely done and drove great. After a bit of negotiations, I we were able to come to agreement and the Seller even tailored the car to my house. (I live just a little outside the current range of the EV) In appreciation of all the hard work, technical support, and great deal that the seller has given me, I am going to nick name the EV "LARRY."

This blog will be to chronicle the upgrade of a 1985 Fiero EV to J1772 charge connector and the additon of lithium batteries. The goal is to be able to drive this car to work everyday, 22 miles each way.

No comments: