Monday, May 26, 2014

4500 PAGE VIEWS, 100 POSTS

My first post after purchasing the Electric Fiero was on Saturday, June 9, 2012, almost two years ago.Over that time, it sometimes felt like no one was visiting the site but to document the build, I kept on posting, almost every week. The blog has been a motivation for me and many times I have forced myself to go out and work on the car, even though I didn't really feel like it, just so I would have something to post.

I could probably have had many more page views but have taken steps to prevent sites like Semalt and Vampire Stat from artificially driving up my numbers and over the last 9 month, have seen a drastic reduction in hits from those type of sites. I was getting 50 hits a week from those sites for a month until code was added to help keep them from visiting this blog.


The first build blog that I followed from start to finish, had 4500 page views when the car was completed, and with my less than 1000 page views at the time, thought, I will never have that many people visit my site. Upon seeing that conversion, it is the best one I have seen so far and is currently the number one voted car on EVTV's Build Data Base.



It has always amazed me at the hits this sites gets from around the world and it is always nice to run into another builder at EVCCON who has visited the site. It is a great feeling to be involved with a hobby that brings so may people together, in a world where it seems so many work to tear it apart.


COUNTRIES VIEWING THIS BLOG LAST MONTH

It seems like my page views are up over the last several months and this is probably because of gas prices starting to creep closer to $4.00 per gallon. Discovery Channel has also had a couple of EV builds over the last several months, so I am sure that may also contribute to the increased interest. Also, John Metric and Don Garlits have been pushing the speed envelope in electric cars so maybe people are realizing an EV is not just some kind of GREEN MACHINE, but can be made into respectable muscle cars. 

Thanks to all of you who have visited the site over the last two years and don't be afraid to leave a comment or join the site, it would make my day! 

Thanks again for viewing,

Randy

No comments: