Sunday, January 18, 2015

LOGGING BUT NO WOOD!

The Zivan NG3 charger was hooked up and the Hantek logger connected to record the charge but when the 220 vac breaker was energized, nothing but the red light  indicating it should be charging. The pots on the charger had been adjusted to bring the end voltage down from 156 volts for the original lead acid battery pack to shut off around 136 volts, so the chip may be working and the charger just thinks it is already at the end voltage. I will need to do more trouble shooting and see if I can figure out how to get it to charge.


HANTEK LOGGER PROGRAM

The pack voltage on the pack has stabilized at 130.2 volts or 3.61 volts per 1/2 cell. This is after a 3 mile drive and sitting for a couple of months.

I have not had much time to work on the Fiero Project as my furnace was acting up ( The auxiliary heat was not shutting off) and my Miata is still overheating. I messed with the contacts on the furnace on Saturday and it seems to be shutting off now. Sunday I put a new thermostat in the Miata but and it helped but still seams like it has a slow leak somewhere that is causing me to lose the coolant after an extended period of driving.

I am gong to dig out the Zivan documentation and try and figure out how much resistance I should have had on the pot when it was set up originally. I may be able to set it back to that resistance and get the charger to kick on.

No comments: