Monday, September 1, 2014

SHOP CLEAN UP TIME

It seems that my shop was designed by EVTV and it get's pretty messy, as I am intent on going forward and do not always pause to put tools away and keep things organized the way I should. Yesterday and today, I took some time and started organizing the miscellaneous fasteners and other items that accumulate during the course of a build. I have storage bins that have been sitting around mostly unused, so started sorting and getting all of the left over items sorted so I can find them in the future.


EVTV SHOP


CZ-EV SHOP


SORTING BOXES OF LEFT OVER ITEMS


STORAGE BINS

When I was putting the instrument panel back together, I actually had to stop and clean the shop to find all of the bolts and will probably need to do the same when the center console goes back together. Hopefully while cleaning now, all of the bolts will be located and help speed up the process when ready for installation.

Jason Horak posted a couple of good videos from EVCCON and I have embedded the link to them below.







When I woke up on Sunday morning at EVCCON, the sky was dark and it looked like rain, so decided to head back to Ohio. Sure wish I would have taken a chance on gone to Dyno Dom's for the drag race!

The shop cleaning should be done sometime before next weekend, so hopefully it will be full speed ahead by then. I am actually ready to start testing the relays and contactors and if they check out, will be ready to wire the first Better Place Module. The way the module is being configured, it will be easy to add the second and third modules to the existing one as I am making previsions to tie in the parallel cables from the front of the car.

More next week,

Randy

No comments: