Sunday, April 5, 2015

EASTER

Ever since the Fiero was purchased back in 2012, I have been bothered by the noisy vacuum pump, so decided to try a rotary vane pump. After the interior is finished, re-working the vacuum system will be my next project.


VACUUM PUMP

The JLD404 mounted in the dash still needs a face plate, so a template was made and the cutout was laid out on a piece of flat foam. This will be laminated to a piece of Plexiglas for the front and a piece of aluminum or sheet metal on the rear. The idea is to make the face of the JLD404 mount flush with the face plate.


JLD404 MOUNTED IN DASH


CUTOUT IN FOAM


LAMINATED FACE PLATE

Wanted to get this post out before leaving to go to my parents house for Easter and may have another post tonight. The shift calibration is still giving me a head ache but I finally got it to go into forth gear. Work will continue until I get it working. Also, the instrument cluster lights quit working, so that is another project.

Thanks for viewing,

Randy


2 comments:

smilr said...

I commend you for your patience in dealing with the dash wiring on this car. Seriously - I would probably have taken a hammer to something expensive by now if I had to go through what you have with those wires!

cztree said...

It has been a challenge with the car being 30 years old. It seems like every time I get the gauges working, something goes wrong with the original wiring. The dash lights quit working now but hopefully it is just a fuse. Thanks for your comment.

Randy