This week was spent picking out and purchasing new kitchen and bathroom floors, along with cleaning carpets and trying to find out why my Miata is overheating.
Saturday morning, when I went out on the back porch to have a cup of coffee and wake up, I noticed that the leaves had started popping out on the trees, finally winter is over! The grass is also growing at the speed of light, so I started working on the mower deck for my 1970 John Deere 110. One of the mower blade bearings had seized up, so a new one is on the way from EBAY. In the meantime, a metal patch was welded in to cover a hole in the deck and the deck was cleaned and painted. Hopefully, within the next couple of weeks I will be able to start mowing with the 110. It's 42 inch deck will help shorten the time it take to keep the lawn in shape this summer and give me a little more time to work on the Fiero.
Even though I was focused on other projects this weekend, the Fiero was still driven around 10 miles and I actually got it to shift into third gear. I believe that the bushings are shot on the shift levers and that may be why the shift pattern is off.
Sunday, work continued on trying to get the charger to shut off before it reaches 137.6 volts but when I got to around 134 volts, it started raining, so I had to stop. I will continue trying to get the charger set during the week and am anxious to get the charger mounted back in the car. I have been looking at a JLD404 charge station so I can make sure that system is working before finding out it doesn't when I need a charge at a public charge station.
Hopefully more to report on next week, so until then, Keep On Building!