Sunday, July 26, 2015

MAKING NEW CONNECTIONS

Over the last three years since the Fiero was purchased and I started my journey into electric cars, many connections have been made through EVTV, DIY Electric Car, Youtube, Google Plus and this blog. Many of the ideas used on the Fiero conversion, have come from the suggestions of other builders and much help has been provided from the local builders, that are part of these connections.....But wait, that is not what this post is all about!

This morning work was started bright and early on making up the second module connections so it can be tied to the first module. Fortunately a large cache of copper and aluminum bars and angles have been built up since the conversion started, not to mention all the fasteners left over from other projects, so I started scrounging around the garage, to find all of the materials needed.


COPPER BAR IN VICE


BENT COPPER BAR


CONNECTION TEST FIT

The two half modules need to be hooked together at the other end, so I decided that would be a good location to place a fuse. I had the one that was on the car when I originally purchased it, so decided to try and find a way of mounting it between the two half modules.


FRONT MODULE FUSE TEST FIT

Alright, I have had my little coffee break and satisfied my craving to do a blog post, so BACK TO WORK!

To be continued,,,


Randy

No comments: