Monday, June 24, 2013

SLIGHTLY DISTRACTED

The cables for the Powerlab 8 are made up so I started playing with it to get the setting figured out. I have some HiPower 100 ah cells and hooked one up. I started by topping it off at 3.65 volts and then did a 10 amp discharge to 2.56. The IOTA DC-DC converter worked great as a power supply for the Powerlab 8.


CELLPRO 8 WITH IOTA AS POWER SUPPLY


VOLTAGE DISCHARGE GRAPH


AMP HOUR GRAPH OF CELL

 While the battery was discharging, I started getting the mounting for the charger ready. The charger will go on the engine compartment side of the trunk wall, should be pretty much hidden, and easily accessible, should I need to get to it. The picture isn't very good but I installed the thread rivets in the brackets. 

 
LOCATION FOR CHARGER

I kind of got side tracked with the 12 volt Ballistic battery and the CellPro 8 but hope to get back to finishing up the engine compartment. The locations for the remainder of the components need to be decided upon before the wiring can be run so I am going to try and focus on that next week.

Thanks for visiting.

Randy  
Post a Comment