Sunday, March 23, 2014

LOOK MA....NO DASH!

This week the Better Place battery pack component dis-assembly   continued with the contactors, pre-charge resister, current transformer, and pre-charge relay being removed. Also the service connector was removed from the aluminum base. I am going to use the GigaVac contactors I already have, so if anyone is interested the ones from the pack, make me an offer. The part numbers were searched on Google but I could not find any documentation on any of them.


CONTACTORS, RELAY, AND RESISTER

So on to removing the dash. There were only 6 bolts holding the dash but 8 speaker bolts had to be removed first. It was a bit discouraging when I found the speaker wires were soldered instead of having spade connectors, so I will need to add them when going back together. I always dread pulling a dash, but actually, this one was not that bad.


DASH REMOVED

Next the wiring will be cleaned up, the heater inspected, dash refreshed with interior paint, speaker covers died, and all the parts generally cleaned up before re-installing. There is a lot of work to do and the Better Place battery pack has taken some time away from the interior project.

When I bought the car, a set of better seats come with it, so the original seats will be removed and the carpet will be given a good cleaning. The side panels will need to be removed so I can get to the head liner and after the new head liner is installed, the re-assembly will begin. Hopefully the weather will get better pretty soon so I can pull the car outside where I can get in and out of it easier.

The HiPower 100AH batteries, one of the Better Place battery modules, and the shipping crate were put on Craigslist, as I am hoping to raise some cash to help finish the build and get it back under the $10,000 goal I had to re-build the car.




If you are interested in any of these, don't pay any attention to the Craigslist price, get with me and we can probably work something out.

Thanks for visiting,

Randy

No comments: