Saturday, March 8, 2014

RIPPING OUT THE INTERIOR

Well, actually I am trying to be a little more careful than just "Ripping" but with the console and instrument panels out, it sure seems like a pile of pieces and parts. I am down to removing the dash cover, and the trim pieces around the windows, side panels, and trim around the sunroof. Then I will be able to reupholster the headliner. I am going to paint all of the trim pieces as they are re-installed and then before putting the dash cover back on, do all of the wiring under the dash and tidy it all up. 


REMOVING INTERIOR


PIECES AND PARTS

The ammeter is working and have it and the volt meter both mounted in the pod and powered up. All that will need to be done is mount the shunt in the car and run the wires to the instrument pod. Spade connectors were put on the wires coming off of the meters so I will be able to just plug everything in.


VOLT AND AMMETER

I am also looking for blue LED panel meters to mount in the dash. I can still find the CX102 panel meters in red LEDs but need to find blue LED meters with the same cut out to fit the holes that are in the instrument panel.


CX102 PANEL METER CUT OUT DIMENSIONS

Mounting locations still need to be found for the Dell Venue and the JLD404 as the available space on the dash is mostly taken up because of it's modular design.

Until tomorrow,

Randy

No comments: