Sunday, March 30, 2014

SLOW GOING BUT HEADLINER IS OUT

Even though it's officially spring, winter just seems to want to linger around. Last night we got another half inch of snow and it was cold and windy in Columbus, OH. I was hoping to have the interior back together by the middle of April but that is only a couple of weeks away, so it looks like it may be the end of April before it is back together. My garage is small, so I need to be able to work on the car outside to have room go get in and out of it easily until some of the interior parts are put back into the car. To compound problems, I have had trouble finding volt and current meters that will mount back into the existing holes in the dash and am now waiting on  another set I ordered a couple of weeks ago to arrive. 


REMAINS OF LAST NIGHTS SNOWFALL

On Sunday, I started removing the trim so the head liner can be removed. Everything went well and the headliner was out in about an hour.


BARE ROOF EXPOSED


HEADLINER REMOVED

The sun visors will also need to be re-done, so I am going to need to see if I have enough headliner material to do everything and if not, will need to order some more. 


SUN VISORS

Also, I am going to need to find some LED lamps for the dome light. Blue LED lamps were ordered for the instrument lights but the dome lights need to be white. They seem to be readily available on EBAY, so I will start searching for some.


DOME LIGHT ASSEMBLY

Progress is slow but it is still progress, so I will keep plugging along.

Thanks for visiting,

Randy

No comments: