Another long weekend and the interior is starting to come together. I continued working on getting all of the old tinting off of the rear window and finally got all of the small patches removed.
REAR WINDOW FINALLY CLEANED
The LED lights arrived and I was able to mount the dome lamp. The second picture is with them on but it was daytime and they didn't show up very well..
DOME LIGHT MOUNTED
DOME LIGHT WITH LEDS ON
Then onto fixing my too large of a hole screw up, on the sun visor brackets.
BRACKET EXTENSION CHECKED FOR FIT
SUN VISOR BRACKET AND EXTENSION INSTALLED
It feels good to finally have the headliner installed and all of the brackets and lights bolted in place but when the seats were removed, it became obvious that something was going to need done with the inside firewall panel. I tried to clean it but when it was brushed, it looked like horse hair. Then I looked for vinyl to cover it with but could not find anything suitable for a reasonable price, so I did a search and found out that the stock covering is called "ozite" and found some at Your Auto Trim.
INTERIOR FIREWALL PANEL
After the seats and interior firewall panel were removed, the carpets was cleaned. this side still needs some more work but is looking a lot better than it did when I started.
AFTER FIRST CARPET CLEANING
Finally work was started on cleaning, mending cracks, and repainting the dash cover.
My wife and I went to my parent's house for Easter, had a very nice dinner and a great visit with all my family. My mother has been sewing all her life, so I dropped off the sun visors, to have the bottom stitched up. This is the last piece of the head liner, so as soon as the interior firewall panel is finished, the molding will be able to go back in. Still a lot to do but quite a bit of progress has been made over the last two weekends.
Until next week,