Sunday, April 6, 2014

NEW HEADLINER

The new headliner material arrived this week but I had to go to Autozone to pick-up adhesive, as it could not be shipped. During the weekend, the headliner panel was given a good cleaning and the new material was fastened to the panel. I watched a couple of YouTube videos before starting and everything went well.


NEW HEADLINER

Then I moved on to painting the plastic side panels and molding with interior paint.


FRESH INTERIOR PAINT ON MOLDING

Finally the seat belt attachment cover and coat hooks were painted.


PAINTED COAT HOOKS AND SEAT BELT COVERS

Everything turned out good but before starting to put everything back together, I want to install the new LED dome lamps that were ordered today. That will give me some time to recover the sun visors.


SUN VISORS

The dome lamp assembly and sunroof latch cover still look good and will not need any refinishing.


SUN ROOF LATCH AND DOME LAMP ASSEMBLY

There is so much more to a conversion that just the electrical work and I really want to get this interior done so I can start working on getting the Better Place Pack installed.

I have had a couple of contacts on the Better Place battery module and the crate that they came in, along with the HiPower cells that are all on Craigslist. I was hoping someone local would come and pick them up but so far, the closest prospective buyer is 100 miles away and the furthest in Great Britain. I really hate to have to ship these cells but if that is what it takes, that is what I will have to do.


Until next time,

Randy

No comments: