Today was spent tidying up the wiring going to the instrument cluster connectors. The speedometer had the original wires disconnected and different wires running back to the rear of the car. The original wires were reconnected and checked with on ohmmeter to make sure there was continuity to the C-200 connector. This will allow a clean wiring run through existing wires across the dash and through the center console
C-200 CONNECTOR WIRES
Eight wires were bundled and run from the front battery compartment to the interior, routing with the existing stock wiring to the front of the center console. Another bundle will be run to the rear motor compartment before the interior is re-assembled to give me plenty of conductors for any new components that need to be run in the future.
NEW FRONT COMPARTMENT WIRES
NEW WIRING TIED TO ORIGINAL
NEW WIRES TERMINATING AT CONSOLE
The rear window was filthy on the inside and appears to have a film on it, so I used acetone to try and clean it, with limited success. There is still a blueish film along the bottom of the window that has partially come off.
FILM ON REAR WINDOW
The motor bay hatch open switch had a broken ground connector and the new one from EBAY arrived last week, so I removed the old one and installed it.
HATCH OPEN WARNING SWITCH
I am at the point where when ever one task is completed, another two pop up that I hadn't seen before. I am still trying to figure out the final layout of the gauges and am trying to make sure there is available wiring run for it before the dash cover goes back on. New trim retaining clips were ordered today so hopefully, while I am waiting for them, the seats can be removed and the carpets cleaned. There is also the issue of the panel behind the seats and figuring out how to fix my screw up on making the sun visor holes in the head liner too big. The sun visors still need sown together, so I have a little time to figure it out. I am also waiting for the LED lamps for the dome light before putting it back in.
Thanks for stopping by,