Sunday, April 27, 2014

WAITING FOR CLIPS

A couple weeks ago I ordered clips to put the door trim back in but because the descriptions on most of the Fiero websites aren't very good, and I didn't take the time to look at the old clips, received the wrong ones. Well, kind of wrong, as I actually did need those to put the rear panels back in but still also needed the ones for the door trim. So Sunday was spent cleaning and refinishing the other seat belt assembly. The rear trim panel was also removed, as I found out the door trim has to go in first. So basically, the headliner, rear firewall cover, and carpet cleaning is done and I am waiting for clips to install all of the trim.


TRIM CLIPS

Another set of seats came with the car when I bought it, but do not appear to be the GT seats, do not have the speaker holes and the drivers side has some wear on one corner of it. The original passenger seat is in pretty good shape and could be cleaned up to look nice but the drivers side is pretty much destroyed. I have looked on the internet trying to find a good gt drivers seat but with no luck. My other option is to order leather Fiero seat covers but that is going to throw the timeline to get the better place batteries installed back quite a bit and I really want to get the car on the road.

Also, the placement of the meters and the Dell Venue tablet placement in the dash has been a challenge. I have purchased some LED meters and had a couple of them mounted in the instrument pod, but can not find meters that fit well in the instrument panel. 

Anyway, I got a lot done yesterday but not so much today.

Randy 

No comments: