Sunday, June 22, 2014

CORDLESS STRING TRIMMER

Awhile back my Homelite 2 cycle trimmer bit the dust, and after taking it to a repair shop, only to be told that they do not work on small 2 cycle engines, ordered a Black and Decker LiFePo4 cordless string trimmer. Home Depot had these on sale and at the same price as the Roybi, that weighed only 7.8 pounds verses the Roybi's 15 pounds.


Model # LST136 TRIMMER


Between the time my old trimmer stopped working and when the new cordless trimmer arrived, the grass that needed trimmed was almost a foot tall, so the first use of the new trimmer should be a good indication of how is is going to work out for me. After assembling the trimmer and giving the battery a charge, I took it out to give it a try. The Black and Decker Model LST136 has a variable seed setting and I set it on low. The trimmer buzzed through the tall grass with no problem and I am not sure if it was the lower speed setting or the different placement of the string guard, but I did not have grass being thrown all over my legs like I did with the old Homelite trimmer. Since it had been several weeks since I had trimmed, it took about twice as long as normal and when finished, the trimmer had just as much power  as when I first started trimming.

 SPECIFICATIONS
Antivibration 
No 
Assembled Depth (in.) 
9.623 in 
Assembled Height (in.) 
43.94 in 
Assembled Width (in.) 
4.44 in 
Assembly Required 
No 
Attachment capable 
No 
Batteries Included 
Yes 
Battery Type Required 
40 Volt Lithium-Ion 
Charger Included 
Yes 
Commercial 
No 
Engine Cycles 
Electric Motor 
Extra Battery Included 
No 
Line Advance System 
Automatic 
Line style size 
.065 
Manufacturer Warranty 
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee 3 Year Full Warranty 
Maximum cutting path diameter (in.) 
13 
Metal blade conversion kit 
No 
Multiple heads included 
No 
No-tool line replacement 
Yes 
Number of Trim Lines 
Product Weight (lb.) 
7.8 lb 
Recommended line diameter (in.) 
.065 
Replaceable Head 
Yes 
Returnable 
90-Day 
Shaft length (in.) 
52 
Shaft type 
Straight 
Shoulder harness/strap 
No 
Start Type 
Electric 
Trimmer Line Type 
String 
Trimmer Type 
Consumer Electric Cordless String 
Voltage (volts) 
40 

As I have been converting the Fiero to electric for a couple years now, the LiFePo 4 trimmer seemed to be a natural decision. I can see an electric garden tractor conversion in the future!

Randy

No comments: