Wednesday, January 29, 2014

BLAIR WITCH TEST DRIVE

A couple of weeks ago, my son and I took the Fiero for a test drive after dark. The drive started out with only the low beams but part way through the drive the high beams were switched on. I asked Shane to get some video of the voltage reading on the JLD404 and of the Synkromotive user interface but forgot to tell him to make sure to include plenty of video of the road. About a half mile from home the controller contactor tripped and this time the log file caught the 12 volt system dropping to 10.7 volts right before the trip.



I was off work today so dug up the instructions to disassemble the instrument cluster and spent some time searching for led instrument lights. The JLD404 has blue LEDs so I am not sure if I want to go with white, or blue LEDs to match the digital meters.

It has been below zero the last couple of days and tonight the news said my county was 18 below. The wind was under 3 mph, so that was not the wind chill factor but the actual temperature. It is supposed to get up into the 30s this weekend, so the garage should be at least 55 deg or so but warm enough to get some work done. I have a propane heater but it is expensive to operate and gives me a headache, so I don't like to use it.

More this weekend,

Randy 

No comments: