Wednesday, August 6, 2014

BUSTED

Monday evening a plate was made for the electrical box to mount the contactor, shunt, and fuse and all of the components were mounted. 


COMPONENTS MOUNTED IN BOX

Then the box was moved around the motor compartment to try and find a good place to mount it. There is going to need to be a bus bar to connect the cables coming from the front pack to the back pack and the controller, so instead of mounting the box close to the module, it may be best to mount a small box with the bus bar inside, close to the rear battery module and mount the component box on the back motor compartment wall. 

I am a buyer for a large utility company and Tuesday there was a convention that required me to have dinner with some of our suppliers, so did not get back home until late evening. My son and his fiance stayed all night so I could take them to the airport on the work the next day but they had to be at the airport at 4:30 am, so  I ended up having to get up at 3:30 am to get them there, so needless to say, not much work got done on Wednesday evening. I am going to keep working on the car but it became obvious tonight, I will not get the car done in time to take to EVCCON this year, so Busted! 

I am probably within 3 weeks of getting the Fiero good enough to take to Missouri but after the box with the shunt, fuse, and contactor is mounted, the interior still needs finished up and the tablet and amp hour meter still need to be finished.

M8 connector bolts were ordered to use as standoffs on the battery module to mount a plexiglass cover over the terminals and I am going to cut a piece of a sheet left over from another project and use a heat gun to bend 90% angles on the edges. It should protect anyone from getting into the connections while still allowing them to be seen. Anyway, the hopes of taking the car to EVCCON has given me a real boost over the last several weeks, as I was able to get the battery module mounted. 

Until next time,

Randy

No comments: