Sunday evening, I started laying out the positive side emergency/maintenance shut off and contactor, in the electrical box again. Then Monday morning, I took out a sheet of aluminum foil and began making templates for all of the bus bar I would need. I used some Styrofoam and silicone adhesive under the manual switch to locate it in the box when the top was removed. After measuring and cutting aluminum foil templates, the copper plate was cut and bent into the proper shape to make all of the connections.
BUS BAR INSTALLED
BOX INSTALLED IN MOTOR COMPARTMENT
Then back to the negative contactor, shunt and fuse mounting. The aluminum plate was removed from the end of the battery module and an aluminum strip was bent to cover the space between the battery and plate so you won't see the mounting bolts. Then clips were fastened to the aluminum plate to bolt the strip to.
CLAMPING STRIP TO DRILL BOLT HOLES
COUNTER SUNK SCREWS TO FASTEN STRIP
The plate and cover strip will be painter black and a Plexiglas cover will be made over the end. As you can see from the pictures, I was running out of daylight but just 3 screws to go. I am going to install the connectors on the pack terminals so the module can be charges, so maybe by this weekend, I can test the Better Place module.
Thanks for stopping by,